CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 25 March 2010

Just a babble

I just got myself a New Moon DVD yesterday despite the misleading advert from the local supermarket I bought it from. Since the released of the DVD many shops have come up with various antics just to get people buying. What annoyed me was the big sign outside saying it only cost  £7 as others have sold it about £8 while original retail price was £11 + for the single disc. It would  have been a bargain but the catch was I had to spend £40 in the shop to avail it. I didn't bother asking then how it works and ended up paying the full retail price as I just couldn't wait nor ignore the DVD.
For a Twihard like me it's almost a sin not to get a copy.. When I got to work today one seemingly exuberant colleague of mine wanted me to guess what she bought herself and surpringly predictable she was I said was it the New Moon DVD. It's through her I found out about the deal  but never mind I got it and enjoyed it more than the first time I saw it in the cinema. The break up still made me sad and Bella confined in her room in almost catatonic state had me in tears..
While looking out for more updates I saw this analysis done by the Twilight Source about the posters released in the saga. I, too had noticed the progression and differences of each. It doesn't help reading the book several times.When I posted previously the new Eclipse poster I immediately saw the difference. I just wasn't in the mood of writing about it.  So let's revisit them.

I personally like the first poster. In this one It showed Bella's innocence and youthfulness while Edward looked years older. I agree that his position in the photo showed his new presence in Bella's life almost sudden yet pronounced. I also like the quote 'When you can live forever, what do you live for?' I strongly believe these lines have captured many romatics out there.

 
The New Moon showed the remarkable presence of Jacob keeping Bella and Edward apart. In this photo the focus was on Edward. He made a major decision and placed Bella behind not knowing the consequences. Bella holding on to Jacob showed what the latter could do when Edward turned his back on her.



Eclipse poster has more dark colours to it. Bella in the front along with the lines 'It all begins.. with a choice' connotes the decision she is about to take. As far as I could remember in Eclipse she was torn between the two characters and in the end decided Edward was the one she couldn't live without. Although Bella will be the focus in this film  we will also be shown  how two equally strong men have to risk it all to protect her.. How sweet!!

0 comments: